Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Tainted cantaloupe with listeria...

Tenko
    Tenko
    Admin

Tainted cantaloupe with listeria... - Page 2 Empty Re: Tainted cantaloupe with listeria...

Post  Tenko Fri Sep 30, 2011 3:53 pm

No not really. The result is that there are often scandals of teens getting drunk at so called "flatrate-parties".
    So we often have debates on the issue of raising the age fro driking to 18 for all drinks. There is no discussion of raising it higher, as it would be unconstitutional to forbid an adult to drink. Which I agree with.

But from my experience there are no such problems if the parents educate their children early and thourghly enough on the facts of drinking alocohol.
    chao_sweetie
    chao_sweetie
    Admin

Tainted cantaloupe with listeria... - Page 2 Empty Re: Tainted cantaloupe with listeria...

Post  chao_sweetie Fri Sep 30, 2011 5:15 pm

Tenko wrote:No not really. The result is that there are often scandals of teens getting drunk at so called "flatrate-parties".
    So we often have debates on the issue of raising the age fro driking to 18 for all drinks. There is no discussion of raising it higher, as it would be unconstitutional to forbid an adult to drink. Which I agree with.

But from my experience there are no such problems if the parents educate their children early and thourghly enough on the facts of drinking alocohol.

We have a lot of underage kids here in the great state of Florida, who parents host B----J parties for their daughters and provide alcohol. Now co-ed sleep overs where the parents are not there at the house is the norm... Kids run ramped doing the choking game and smoking/sniffing bath salts. Make me dont want to have kids... nah I want kids I will just hold them hostage within my womb until they turn 18.

P.S. No one commented on the logo idea I uploaded last night.
    Tenko
    Tenko
    Admin

Post  Tenko Fri Sep 30, 2011 5:22 pm

Can only answer the kids issue with Sokrates:
    "The children now love luxury; they have bad manners, contempt for
    authority; they show disrespect for elders and love chatter in place
    of exercise. Children are now tyrants, not the servants of their
    households. They no longer rise when elders enter the room. They
    contradict their parents, chatter before company, gobble up dainties
    at the table, cross their legs, and tyrannize their teachers."

It'll work itself out somehow , it always does =)
    chao_sweetie
    chao_sweetie
    Admin

Post  chao_sweetie Fri Sep 30, 2011 5:48 pm

Tenko wrote:Can only answer the kids issue with Sokrates:
    "The children now love luxury; they have bad manners, contempt for
    authority; they show disrespect for elders and love chatter in place
    of exercise. Children are now tyrants, not the servants of their
    households. They no longer rise when elders enter the room. They
    contradict their parents, chatter before company, gobble up dainties
    at the table, cross their legs, and tyrannize their teachers."

It'll work itself out somehow , it always does =)

Hopefully I do not end up killing one. My little sister is 18 and thinks the world owes her a favor.. I feel sorry for her new BF... she can't cook, refuse to get a job, wants to be spoiled by a man... it's sad. I was raised (and tried to raise her) to be independent and be gracious for what you have. Its werid how 1 generation makes everyone worry about the future of the Good Ole US of A. I could go on about how the media glorify underage kids having kids... but its a worn out subject.
    Tenko
    Tenko
    Admin

Post  Tenko Fri Sep 30, 2011 5:52 pm

True, but hard reality will reach her soon enough.
    I was raised to care for myself and everyone who wasn't will have to learn the hard way.
    Fuschia
    Fuschia
    Admin

Post  Fuschia Sat Oct 01, 2011 5:08 am

Hmm... yeah, that is a society problem in the state, i think, i see many cases at my work place and it's sad to think that a lot of children nowadays always think that they know everything when in reality, they really don't have a single clue Sad i just hope that we can get better soon

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 14, 2024 7:24 pm