Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

Kigata ga kita! impressions (minor spoilers)

Weyu
    Weyu
    Admin

Kigata ga kita! impressions (minor spoilers) Empty Kigata ga kita! impressions (minor spoilers)

Post  Weyu Mon Sep 26, 2011 12:57 am

Since we're translating this, let's get a discussion topic about it as well.
    The first 3 chapters weren't bad in my opinion. The third chapter will probably be scanlated soon so you can judge for yourself.

I've been reading ahead a bit to see how the story would develop, some thoughts (some exposition but no real spoilers):

1) I think the manga gets better in the latter chapters, I think the first few were "OK" but in some of the latter chapters I really wanted to know how they ended, so that is a sign that they were more captivating.

2) Even though so far each chapter has been about a different person, chapter 4 and 5 are about the same subject, a girl who is haunted by an evil pet that looks gruesome. Starting from that chapter I think you can also add an ecchi tag to this manga. Smile

Also, these chapters signal the return of the crazy slang, that girl talks like some yakuza from an anime... or something. I'm sure that's gonna be a bitch to translate. -_-

3) I really liked chapter 6. It's about Kigata meeting with an old friend, and Kigata is acting very different from his usual self. He has a huge smile on his face in pretty much every panel, which is completely out of character from what we've seen from him so far. It turns out there is a reason for that, and that not everything is as it seems with the friend...

In my opinion that was the best chapter of this volume, the combination of the twist and emotion was executed quite well and it was very different from all the other chapters.

4) The last chapter shows a return of the girl from chapter 1 (who nearly got run over by a train because of the evil spirit). She turns out to be a crazy stalker/yandere type and is sporting a huge breast upgrade. Wonder what the mangaka was thinking. "First few chapters didn't sell that well, so let's add some T&A"? Ends on a cliffhanger though.

All in all I like this manga more the more I'm reading it.

Last edited by Weyu on Mon Sep 26, 2011 10:55 am; edited 1 time in total
    chao_sweetie
    chao_sweetie
    Admin

Kigata ga kita! impressions (minor spoilers) Empty Re: Kigata ga kita! impressions (minor spoilers)

Post  chao_sweetie Mon Sep 26, 2011 1:35 am

You should have put Spoiler Alert on the Title.. Don't ruin it No
    Weyu
    Weyu
    Admin

Kigata ga kita! impressions (minor spoilers) Empty Re: Kigata ga kita! impressions (minor spoilers)

Post  Weyu Mon Sep 26, 2011 10:57 am

chao_sweetie wrote: You should have put Spoiler Alert on the Title.. Don't ruin it No

I didn't really spoil anything because everything I mentioned is revealed at the beginning of the chapter, the real plot or twists are not revealed. Smile

But I added the tag for those who loathe these kind of things.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:39 am